Virtual and in-person sessions based on availability.
Giving your child one on one specialized education is the best way to support a learner who feels they’re falling behind, or one who feels bored and craves enrichment. While I target the issue with your child and he/she starts to build skills, your child becomes more confident as they succeed.
As a learning specialist my program goes beyond basic tutoring or homework help. I support learners in all elementary subject areas and some secondary school subject areas by creating a customized, tailored program for your child. I specialize in math, writing instruction, and working with children who have reading challenges. I offer various types of support including:
- instruction for children who need support in foundation skills
- targeted skill work
Pricing: $75 per session
Each session includes:
- 1/2 hour prep, including communication and coordination with your child’s teachers and other specialists
- 1 hour of instruction
- 5 minute follow up with parent(s)
This is a full assessment of your child’s reading abilities including:
- reading comprehension (fiction and nonfiction)
- reading fluency (how quickly and accurately your child reads)
- decoding and encoding (reading and spelling words)
- phonemic awareness (understanding of the sounds in words)
- how your child compares to grade level expectations
If you are a homeschooling parent looking for flexibility and customized educational services, I offer tutoring sessions morning through evening. With my services, children can have the opportunity to work with a mentor to design their own path of learning in order to achieve goals and acquire skills specific to their needs and learning style.